Are you passionate about the Internet-of-Things, Smart-Home, or automating your life? Are you customer-obsessed and interested in inventing new experiences for Alexa?
Every single day, Alexa is getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more. Did you know she can recommend a wine to pair well with your dinner, find the right 20-minute workout for you (or even just a 5-minute workout!), and can deliver a weather report that's specific to your address?
Alexa routines make it easy for customers to create customized automation experiences (think life hacks) with those skills, so they can be even more effective. For example, at 6am every morning or when you say "good morning", you can set up a routine to turn on your bedroom lights, turn on your coffee maker, and read the day's news headlines. You're all ready to conquer the day.
As the Sr. UX Designer for Automations, you will lead design initiatives that allow Alexa to help customers do more by automating tasks that are part of their day-to-day routine (whether that's remembering to water the lawn on hot days, shutting off the lights at bedtime, or building a new habit to meditate more). You will partner closely with product and engineering teams focused on routines and automated experiences. You will advise on roadmaps, set CX strategy, invest in research to drive customer-centric decision making, inspire divergent thinking to inspire creativity, spend time with customers to build empathy, and create core automation experiences in Alexa.
This role will work with multiple teams inside Devices and Alexa. You will need to have top notch creative and influencing chops, including the ability to work across teams. Experience with conversational or multimodal design is preferred.
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• An internet-accessible portfolio of your work. Please provide as part of your resume.
• 6+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, or multimodal designer
• 5+ years of experience working on world-class, consumer-facing digital products across a variety of media.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• A background in product design, UX design, multimodal design, voice design, conversational design, product design, and/or user research.
• Demonstrated ability to influence product teams and product decisions via design and research.
• A track record of ground-breaking work from idea discovery & brainstorming through to delivery & learning from live product experiences. You should be able to tell us why you made decisions you made in past work, and how you approach learning & validation in new spaces.
• Exceptional communication (written and verbal), collaboration, and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.