Sr. UX Designer, Alexa
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice.
Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about Alexa's future potential. As a Senior Voice UX Designer, you will lead, define, and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, and will be working side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life. You must be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into a lead-edge customer-focused solution. And most important, you must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a designer who can:
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
- Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
- Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts when necessary
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
- Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
- Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
- Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
- Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
- Communicate clearly and think quickly
- 7+ years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer; expertise in human-computer interaction
- Recent experience with voice or multimodal speech interfaces
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Linguistics, Cognitive Science, Graphic Design, Digital Communication design or a related field.
- Experience creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications
- Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Professional portfolio of voice design
- Experience presenting to and advising senior management
- Degree in design or related fields preferred
- User experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities, and a working understanding of speech and language technologies
- Ability to prototype voice user experiences with readily available tools
- Ability to write tools to determine patterns in usage data
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision
- Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer voice products
- Professional portfolio of voice design that demonstrates creativity, problem-solving, and ability to ship
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Background in script writing, creative writing, or game design is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top