Sr. UX Designer
- Santa Monica, CA
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon built incremental testing capacity to make reliable, regular testing available for front-line employees. As COVID-19 vaccines continue to be distributed across the globe, regular, inexpensive, and user-friendly testing remains a key tool in helping to keep people safe and getting the economy back up and running.
As a Senior UX Designer supporting Amazon's testing initiative, you will optimize existing testing experiences while leading design visioning to support an exciting roadmap. You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats. You create highly functional, globally durable user experiences that demonstrate a passion for relentlessly optimizing processes. Your recommendations increase productivity and safety. Collaboration is critical to your process. Your work is informed by partners, research, metrics, and high judgement.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Lead design for future-state roadmap to support an increasingly vaccinated world
• Design to optimize or reinvent operations & services for diagnostic testing.
• Design for a coherent design system across digital and physical touchpoints.
• Work in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever necessary
• Use business requirements, technical input, and research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and design requirements independently
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and alignment with designers, product managers, program managers, engineers, operations, and compliance to deliver design recommendations
• Design conceptual diagrams, wireframes, information architecture, high-fidelity mock-ups, simple prototypes, and interaction specifications.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts and rationale for design decisions clearly and persuasively across different audiences including senior leadership.
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns that scale for your team and influence other designers.
• Refine and extend screen comps based on an established visual toolkit
• Define and document process flows for operations.
• Lead research initiatives to understand your users and processes
• 8+ years' experience designing applications with multiple user touch points with specialty in web and application design.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and InDesign.
• Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Flinto, Figma, ProtoPie, and InVision.
• Online portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process, as well as visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
• Relentless desire for innovation while balancing user model with implementation model.
• Able to identify and mitigate risk on projects.
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
• Expertise in UX performance optimization using qualitative and quantitative assessment.
• Experience designing for global markets.
• Proficiency in accessibility.
• Usability testing experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the latest interaction design patterns and trends.
• Familiarity with designing for UI for specific physical contexts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top