Sr. UX Designer
Are you passionate about books and reading? The Kindle design team is looking for a senior user experience designer to create elegant, customer-focused applications and experiences. You will collaborate with a team of passionate designers and product managers to design the UI architecture, interaction flows, visuals, and assets for new and existing applications and experiences.
As a Senior UX designer, you will have a significant impact on our business in support of our growing base of cutting edge products. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers—seeing design throughout the planning and development lifecycle for interfaces. The scope of this position extends across a manifold of features and product lines across our publishing business, so the ability to balance high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design is imperative.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define best-in-class user experiences.
- Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles & conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or user stories, help to create and analyze user research.
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and visual design specifications (redlines) for web and mobile.
- Request and drive user research/usability tests as needed. Must be able to conduct research on your own or be able to lead a contractor to provide these services.
- Actively participate in usability testing and interpret analytics data.
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, and business stakeholders for review and feedback.
- Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards at Amazon.
- Partner with highly technical development teams for product launch.
- Handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experienc.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and UI design expertise is a requirement for application
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Relevant work experience in the publishing, and/or content distribution industries
- A passion for books
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top