Amazon is obsessed with our customers, and our customers are happiest when they're playing video games. The Prime Gaming Customer Experience team delivers in-game loot, digital games included with Prime, and a Twitch channel subscription every month to our Prime members. We're building experiences that fundamentally shape and continuously improve the Prime experience for millions of gamers, and every day we learn more about what it is that makes people fall in love with video games.
We are a team of gamers and we offer a creative, fast paced, design environment, placed between Amazon Prime, Twitch, and Amazon Games. You'll be driving key features of the our experience on behalf of customers and game developers. This role gives the freedom and ownership of driving your own evidence-based design decisions which will directly impact the our growing global customer base's Prime member experience.
You are highly collaborative team player and will work closely with a team of passionate designers, product managers, and developers to create end to end customer flows, interaction design, and visual styles for new and existing experiences. You will be able to utilize a broad set of design skills to take projects all the way from concept to creation. We are looking for UX designers who are obsessed with customers, innately curious and possess a natural inclination to lead design efforts. An ability to write and execute your own usability testing is a huge plus. Our mantra is "Team work makes the dream work!"
Core responsibilities include:
• Lead and improve upon our product design process - starting from early research and hypothesis, through defining requirements, creating wireframes of user flows, and testing prototypes on actual users.
• Contributes to the product discovery process and assist in validating core product ideas.
• Effectively design interaction and transitions, ranging from small feature iterations to larger, complex, blue sky experiences.
• Work closely with PMs and also embed themselves in the development teams' processes to stay ahead of reactionary design when possible.
• Utilizes (or excited to learn) lean user research methods. Can include interviews, observation sessions, and remote user tests, and able to synthesizes research findings to stakeholders.
• Adaptable design processes to fit the nature of the project need.
• Collaborates with fellow designers, able to give and receive feedback gracefully.
• 5+ years of experience in UX design
• BA or 5+ years of equivalent experience in graphic design, human factors, or similar
• UX design portfolio with showcases process alongside finished products
• Experience in the gaming industry is preferable but not a hard requirement
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with internal and external teams.
• Experienced in launching new products.
• Experience localizing interfaces and launching multi-national products.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .