Sr UX Designer
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Payment Acceptance and Experience Team is responsible for how Amazon's customers pay on Amazon's sites around the globe. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative problem solver to join as a Sr UX Designer who will work with a team of talented product managers, designers, and engineers to deliver best-in-class customer payment experiences. We need a highly motivated, creative and passionate UX Designer to be a part of our team as we drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions across all devices and provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
As a Sr UX Designer on the Payments Acceptance and Experience team, you should be at ease creating scenarios, sketches, story boards, wire-frames, and prototypes. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to visualize an experience in the abstract, break down complex use-cases and then be able to drive the vision into solid design deliverables. You think first from the customer's perspective, use research and data to influence your designs, set relentlessly high standards for yourself and deliver best-in-class customer experiences. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and embrace the idea that failure is a critical part of innovation. You balance your passion for inspired, compelling, elegant yet simple designs with a highly analytical nature, precise execution, and a relentless drive to design, build and deliver.
• Use business requirements, usability findings and market research to develop scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
• Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes
• Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency
• Translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces
• Present design work to the user experience team and product team for review and feedback
• Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at a simple but robust solution accounting for complex requirements
• Proactively manage your own work queue, time and expectations, meet deadlines and communicate needs and tradeoffs if your schedule is in jeopardy
• Manage ambiguity, work independently and collaboratively within a team, and switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environment
• Understand target user through user research and drive toward more collecting more data when needed.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• 5+ years delivering experience design solutions as a UX designer, interaction designer or information architect
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
• Fluent in English, with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Proficiency designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Keynote, and InVision
• Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing
• Experience designing customer facing products
• Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Unflappable good humor, courtesy and ability to build rapport with stakeholders, designers, developers and leaders
• Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks
• Talent for crafting imaginative and innovative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency and interaction harmony
• Understanding of the current state of technology and best practices
• Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design-understand accepted UX process standards well enough to be entitled to selectively abandon them
• Demonstrated strong visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant and exceedingly usable layouts and interactions and iconography
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top