Sr. UX Designer
The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world-class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services.
It is still Day 1! We have many openings for individuals to help us innovate in this space. We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated Senior User Experience Designer to help us with these new design initiatives and champion a variety of user experience improvements on our developing platform products. You will be responsible for designing the information architecture, usability, interaction flows, and creation of high fidelity mockups of new and existing website and mobile applications and experiences.
The ideal candidate will:
- Design V1 experiences while planning and strategizing for the direction of future iterations.
- · Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
- · Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
- · Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- · Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, esthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
- · Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- · Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
- · Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
- · Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- · 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- · An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions.
- · Communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- · Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- · Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- · Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- · 2+ years strategic ownership and design of large scale initiatives
- Proficiency with web and accessibility standards.
- · Service or industrial design experience.
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- · A relentless customer focus
- · Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top