Sr Transformation Program Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Sr. Program Manager - Employee Services, Transformation
Amazon is looking for a smart, ambitious, strategic, business transformation leader for our evolving HR tools, systems and technologies. This position sits within the Amazonian Experience and Technology (AE&T) Employee Services (ES) Transformation team, a strategic team that sits across Employee Services to manage cross service HR transformational programs and initiatives. The role will be responsible for partnering with ES service line leaders, operational teams, technology partners and HR program leaders to plan, design and deliver solutions to business problems, taking full advantage of existing and new Amazon technology platforms. The role will serve as the primary Transformation Design Lead (TDL) for multiple ES service lines to complete a number of transformation activities including (but not limited to):
• Strategic Visioning: Think big and bold by partnering with our ES services to define and shape their vision and work backwards to develop a transformation roadmap to achieve it. This includes creating and iterating strategy papers, working backwards documents e.g. press releases, collating pain-points to move the needle on service line's strategic goals and exploring and piloting latest technologies. ES Transformation are uniquely positioned as a cross functional capability across all ES service lines, so we think big, are bold and join the dots across service lines, whether it be identifying common pain-points across service lines or implementing solutions that will be benefit multiple ES service lines.
• Business Requirements Identification and Intake: Pro-actively deep-dive on ES service line(s) pain points to identify opportunities to move the needle on reducing manual transactions performed by HR service delivery teams, eliminating/avoiding headcount, driving down defects, mitigating risk and improving the overall Amazonian experience. Once identified, lead the intake process for your assigned service(s) to define and prioritize requirements on technology team's product backlogs and track use cases through to approval and project discovery.
• Process Design for Amazon's HR Automation Transformation Programs e.g. new Human Capital Management System: Working backwards from our customers and in partnership with Technology product teams, design future state, customer obsessed processes that meet short and long term Amazonian needs. This will involve feeding into working backwards documents, completing impacting analysis across ES service lines (partnering with other TDLs), deep diving to collate requirements from ES service lines (and wider AE&T) and producing future state process maps and drafted standard operating procedures and content for service delivery teams. The role will require you to think big to align solution designs across other transformation and automation programs to eliminate frictions for our customers whilst accounting for downstream impacts. The TDL will further support testing and readiness teams with inputs into and review of change impact assessments, test scenarios and scripts, training and communication materials.
• Benefits Case Measurement and Tracking: Define and collate metrics (e.g. transaction volumes, average handling times, Headcount savings defect and employee experience metrics) to support requirements priorization and then track and measure realized benefits post solution implementation to ensure goals and targets are achieved.
• Program and Risk Management: Display meticulous program management capabilities by owning project plans, milestone tracking, and status reporting. You will actively manage, report on and escalate risks and issues whilst developing mitigation plans to address. You will work diligently to ensure dependencies are met and actions are assigned, agreed and closed on time.
In this role, you will establish and drive partnerships with ES and AE&T service line leaders and operational teams, technology teams, transformation team and wider stakeholders to earn their trust and work diligently to achieve our customer's goals. As a TDL you are considered as a trusted advisor to our customers, an extension of their team. Through programs and projects we drive, we pro-actively engage our stakeholders throughout, ensuring transparency. You are your customers "eyes and ears", you work tirelessly to understand their needs and relentlessly advocate on their behalf with our technology partners, to ensure prioritization of solutions that create value for ES and the wider AE&T organization.
• 8+ years of HR or related experience.
• 5+ years of relevant program and project management experience, especially related to the implementation of automation solutions and HCM deployment.
• Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related field.
• Lean six sigma certified- ideally green or black belt
• Experience developing, improving and implementing processes and providing support for core HR solutions in global, large-scale, complex environments.
• Microsoft Visio (advanced) and Microsoft Project
• Ability to travel up to 10% (when safe to do so)
• Meticulous customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to delight others ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent employee experience.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations.
• Exceptionally curious, bold thinker, applying outside-in thought leadership to reimagine ways of performing work with a passion for inventing and simplifying.
• Strategic orientation, able to work with sophisticated financial analyses, assess and mitigate risk, forecast both long and short-term outcomes, and anticipate and navigate scenarios in a complex business environment.
• Successful record of building, improving and running operational business processes globally, ability to drive program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
• Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment.
• Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, assumes leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment.
• MBA preferred
Location of role is India
Back to top