Sr. TPM - Hardware Efficiency and Control
- Seattle, WA
Can you achieve technology and business goals by collaborating with software developers, TPMs, mid-level managers, and executives across the Operations Technology leveraging your strong communication skills and technical expertise? Are you interested in automating processes used by hundreds of software teams to meet company goals? Do you want executive level visibility and accountability for improving technology and reducing costs? HS3C ( Health, Safety, Sustainability, Security and Compliance) group needs a Technical Program Manager with large scale project management and metrics experience.
This role would mainly include planning and managing hardware for HS3C. This will include optimizing for hardware efficiency and ensuring savings with better utilization of hardware. It will also include working with high number of managers/senior managers on planning and budgeting.
A successful team member will be skilled at anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Successful candidates should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentor-ship. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for working on behalf of teams and customers, have a track record of on-time delivery of large scale projects, and have the ability to operate independently and autonomously. Maturity, judgment, negotiation skills, influence and leadership skills are all essential.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related
• 6+ years of experience managing technical programs
• Distributed system architecture experience
• Prior experience with agile methodologies and a fast-paced environment
• Strong , problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
• Proficiency knowledge of distributed systems and software services
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Innovative and self-directed
• Proficient oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications to various levels of management including precise and effective customer communications.
• Analytical acumen, and comfort generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses
• Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
o "Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us"
Back to top