Sr TPM - Cross Domain Services
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. Our services scale to staggering levels, are highly distributed, and are really fun to work with.
AWS's rapid worldwide expansion creates new challenges in data protection, availability, and growth. The AWS Cross Domain Services (CDS) Team works to deliver the security, speed, and value of the AWS Cloud to customers who have unique access control, security, and compliance requirements.
As a TPM on the AWS CDS team you will lead projects and programs spanning Infrastructure and Software across multiple organizations to ensure that our systems and services scale to meet diverse customer requirements in this dynamic and rapid-growth world.
Your skills are needed to be both broad and deep. You will find, create, and analyze data about every aspect of the services and the regions. You will drive process and technology improvements that reduce friction for engineers and proactively address issues that help to scale AWS solutions to meet a range of customer needs around the world. You will work across business, product, and engineering teams and balance cost, schedule, and technical variables to create tools or processes that help to delight our customers.
To succeed you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you understand what the customers need and you don't rest until we deliver it. You are dedicated to details, with a strong technical background and excellent problem-solving skills. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with really smart people. You have a solid understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. business case, RTG, risk management, schedule management, and negotiation). You are comfortable briefing senior leadership, even when you have bad news; you can communicate effectively with business and technical teams both verbally and in writing.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 6+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
• 6+ years of experience being able to drive end-to-end hardware/software architecture and design activities, as well as driving the installation of hardware/software into classified environments by multiple teams across the organization
• Proven experience driving overall strategy and cross-organization teams
• Candidates must have a current, active US Government TS Security Clearance, and it is preferred they have TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related Field
• Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to distill data and articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs and prioritizations
• Demonstrated knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices
• Experience with cross-organizational communication to both technical- and non-technical audiences from engineers to directors
• Proven experience in managing medium-sized enterprise projects, gathering and communicating technical requirements
• Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top