To provide new innovations for customers, we are building a globally connected fleet of delivery vehicles. We are combining cutting-edge IoT technologies (sensors, embedded devices, wearables, and robotics), real-time data streams (video, vehicle telematics, location, and presence), together with machine learning models and algorithms to create solutions that allow us to deliver faster, and with more confidence.
Playing a key role in the team, as Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will own the delivery of all work streams across the group, developing automotive and geospatial solutions that drive value for our customers. You will work as a trusted peer for our hardware and software engineering teams, balancing priorities, managing internal and external relationships, and overcoming challenges to take us through to implementation.
You will bring a strong technical background and experience to stand out as a senior member of the organization, participating in every phase of the product lifecycle from ideation through development and into production. This role requires autonomy and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product.
You will need to work efficiently to build the right things with limited guidance, raising the bar to create an amazing experience for our customers.
• 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
• 5+ years hands-on experience building solutions within current industry standard technologies
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software and hardware development in a team, and a track record of shipping on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
• Experience working on projects designing embedded devices, especially with large scale deployment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us