Sr TPM, AWS Region Services
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Do you constantly pursue new, innovative ways to get work done? Do you like to speak your mind and have thought provoking meetings? If you have strong IT infrastructure and/or programming experience, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, we'd like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join AWS to perform the role of a technical program manager responsible for the management of global AWS expansion initiatives.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with AWS Service Teams, Infrastructure, and Business Development to design and deliver new AWS regions and availability zones that are expedited by focusing on dependency mapping, lessons learned, and run-books. You will collaborate with Product Teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all stakeholders to assemble build teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resource needs, and develop schedules to ensure timely launches. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will have a deep understanding of AWS design and implementation details both from a Services and Infrastructure perspective. You will successfully represent the team to senior leadership. Your program management expertise and operational excellence will influence the team's decisions and drive secure and robust solutions. You should not only be passionate about delivering great customer service and expanding the AWS footprint, but should also be obsessed with researching, developing, and documenting new methodologies.
- 5-7 years of experience in technical program management, systems architecture or systems administration.
- 5-7 years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working with senior leadership and experience defining and delivering on a product roadmap.
- Direct experience managing AWS region builds or utilizing AWS services across a multi-region architecture.
- Experience with ground up systems architecture. Understanding network, infrastructure, and service based fundamentals.
- Driving large, complex programs/projects supporting 50+ invested parties.
- Please email AWS Recruiter, Jessica Lattanzi ([email protected]) if you have questions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top