Sr. TPM, Alexa Shopping ASR
- Seattle, WA
At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Amazon Show, Spot, Echo, Dot or Tap. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
We are seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager to lead Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) programs for Alexa Shopping. This is a strategic role to shape and deliver our technical strategy in developing and deploying ASR for multiple stakeholders and locales. The role requires working closely with business, engineering and NLU and ASR Science leaders within Alexa, Voice Shopping and across Amazon to deliver ground breaking features. You will lead high visibility and high impact programs collaborating with various teams across Amazon. You will own regular communication with senior leadership on technology, dependency management, risk mitigation and program health. You will work with product managers, data scientists, Machine Learning scientists and software engineers to create and drive programs to provide a delightful shopping experience for our customers. You will be part of a new team and get to shape the roadmap for years to come.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
• Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to effectively communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
• Strong bias for action and a "get it done" attitude
• Able to work with remote teams
• Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top