Sr. Technical Writer, Alexa NTI
Are you passionate about taking complicated concepts and translating those ideas into something that's both easy to read and meaningful to developers? Do you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments? Are you excited about Alexa and the future of voice? If yes, then you'll fit right in on the Alexa New Technology Introduction (NTI) team.
Alexa is Amazon's intelligent voice assistant that powers devices such as the Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Show, Omaker WoW and ecobee4. The NTI team is charged with brigning new product concepts to life, and we're looking for a scrappy technical writer who can hit the ground running and create the content, tools, and educational materials that enable third-party developers to easily integrate Alexa into their products. Your expertise will include strong contextual writing, a love for coherent information architecture, and a hankering to dive deep and get things right.
As a technical writer for Alexa NTI, you'll need to put yourself in the developer's shoes and deliver the resources and support they need to get started quickly and to launch new voice-enabled products – be customer obsessed!
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality technical content, drive complex documentation projects, collaborate with technologists, quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm.
- 7+ years of strategic and tactical content creation and copywriting within a large enterprise, Professional Services organization, or similar practice
- Degree or equivalent experience in English, Technical Communication, Computer Science, Information Design, or related field
- Working knowledge of documentation tools and repositories to develop templates, manipulate output styles, tag and manage technical content
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical subject matter experts
- Experience thriving in a fast-moving global team environment, juggling many tasks and projects
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize technical/functional content into something creative that developers enjoy consuming
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and focus on quality
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment
- Proficiency in Photoshop or other graphic design package
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Obsessive about technical accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Previous experience working in an agile software development or training environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top