Sr. Technical Program Manager-Automated Advertising Team
- Seattle, WA
Are you a hands-on leader that can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Do you have a passion for bringing the best experience to our customers? Then this is the position for you. Amazon's Automated Advertising team needs a world class Technical Program Manager to own and launch the products and systems which will power our Social Advertising channel at scale while inventing the future of the business.
The landscape of Social Media and Advertising changes rapidly with an ever growing base of users. In 2020 Social Media was used by ~3B people worldwide. The Social Advertising team builds Amazon's Automated Advertising on Social Media with the mission of understanding our customers in these social settings to create engaging and relevant ads that delight customers by helping them find the products and Amazon services they want, even when they didn't already know they wanted them. Social Advertising requires rapid change to constantly integrate Amazon ads with new social media partners, experiment with different forms of advertisement, and target customers in the most effective ways to bring new customers to Amazon, better help customers find products and keep customers engaged with Amazon. We are past the point of human scaling limits to experiment, automate and optimize advertising, and are pivoting to leverage machine learning that enables us to keep pace with the dynamic nature of Social Advertising.
We are searching for a seasoned Sr. TPM to join Amazon's Social Advertising team. This role requires working closely with product management to define strategy and requirements, and leading development teams from design through delivery and subsequent operation. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and very strong technical competency are essential. This person will also need to be flexible and creative while building systems to support new advertising opportunities on new channels. You will identify opportunities to converge overlapping technical efforts, you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and growing business environment and representing a team to senior leadership.
• Excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills; experience in interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong software development background with experience in software development cycle, and in managing and delivering large cross-functional programs.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on programs.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and of delivering results in a fast paced environment, including history of successfully delivering large scale projects end to end, through the entire life-cycle.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering), 7+ years of relevant work experience in software development, 5+ years of work experience in technical leadership, program management, or similar roles.
• MBA or Advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and be able to make the right design decisions and technology choices
• 5+ years of experience with open source technologies
• Business management or a related degree
• 5-7 years of related experience with large scale strategic planning within a disbursed organization.
• Scopes and manages the most strategic technical projects, with significant bottom-line impact.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top