Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM)
- Bellevue, WA
Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large cross-organizational projects and initiatives for one of the largest online marketplaces excite you? The Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) team is looking for an energetic, focused and skilled Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead programs for one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) team is focused on breaking down barriers to allow 3rd party sellers to sell their items to customers around the world. The AGL team develops software that removes friction from the process of cross border selling for 3rd party sellers.The team is responsible for development of systems that enable sellers to expand their business to new customers around the world through increased exports and listing of their products for sale in new countries. This platform is pivotal to supporting 3rd party business expansion by creating new opportunities for sellers to introduce their products to customers around the world. We need your help to grow the business by building highly-available, scalable distributed systems that provide clean interfaces between sellers, customers and Amazon's software.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience leading software development projects
• 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
• Experienced in understanding and contributing to the technical architecture and design of a product/ feature(s).
• Ability to understand and evaluate architectural designs for strengths and weaknesses and balance technical trade-offs against business ones.
• Track record for managing complex technology projects
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
• Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
• Experience developing Internet products and technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
Back to top