Sr Technical Program Manager (TPM)
- Paris, France
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Alexa Mobile in the Bay Area. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include ownership of a driving project schedules from design to release and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. After technically following complexity of features and bugs, you will be able to recommend priority of issues keeping customers in focus. You will work directly with the technical leads from multiple work-streams to ensure best practices are used and that approved designs are scalable and supportable in the long term. You will define and implement processes to assure the platform architecture is aligned with the technical roadmap and our business stakeholders' feature roadmap. You will also drive automation of processes, develop new applications, and manage the integrations to our various business systems for our various environments. You will bring a strong technical background and experience to stand out as a senior member of the organization, participating in every phase of the product lifecycle - from ideation through development and into production. This role requires autonomy and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product.
As a Senior TPM you will be expected to:
• Own concurrent complex programs with broad cross-organizational and/or deep architectural impact
• Drive engineering efforts that solve difficult problems with complete independence
• Ability to deep-dive into the technical architecture to identify risks and mitigation path
• Improve how organizations interact to achieve business and technology goals
• Create and optimize cross-organizational structures and mechanisms to ensure long-term success
• Decompose complex processes into simple, straightforward solutions
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
• Scope, plan, implement and deliver projects and programs, and collaborate with Program Managers and senior leaders to align with strategic vision and goals
• Drive projects cross functionally, build partnerships with other organizations, and work proactively with business teams to ensure security objectives are met
• Integrate information security into organizational development and processes
• Establish metrics and regular reporting mechanisms
• Support deep dive assessments and ad-hoc data analysis requests
• Deliver findings, recommendations and remediation steps for all activities
• Drive, mature, and improve organizational security, risk identification and remediation processes, and risk tracking mechanisms
• Bring innovative ideas, finding better ways of engaging our customers and service owners, and solving problems
• Experience with building mobile apps
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Master's Degree or advanced professional degree
• Comfort and experience with cross-organizational communication; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven experience in prioritizing and managing large scale enterprise projects using project management tools
• Demonstrated experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations.
• Experience managing projects in the APAC region.
• Critical Infrastructure design and/or Construction experience
• Data Centre Infrastructure (Power & Cooling) experience.
Back to top