Sr. Technical Program Manager - Third Party Security
- Austin, TX
Amazon's Information Security organization is the guardian of customer trust. We are responsible for securing products, services, networks and operations across Amazon's worldwide consumer business, used by employees across the globe.
The Third Party Security team is responsible for identifying and addressing security concerns with the usage of 3P products and services in Amazon's Consumer and Devices organization. This role will identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve security posture across the portfolio of third-party cloud services used by Amazon through policy and operational controls. This role will require partnering with other security teams across the company, including AWS, Information Security, Enterprise Engineering, Internal Audit, and more. Strategically, this role will develop a deep understanding our internal customer's needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are developing valued solutions. This role will identify and lead individuals, teams or multiple groups through scoping, requirements gathering, launch planning, and operational excellence.
• Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
• Proactively work with risk analysts, and our internal business partners to identify improvements to productivity, automation, and/or reduction of risk.
• Presenting written recommendations, requirements, and insights to senior leaders and stakeholders that will facilitate prioritization and project assignment.
• Ability to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects that successfully deliver promised results.
• Align closely with development, program, UX/UI, and administration teams to ensure any new processes or process changes are critical, relevant, understood, and supported.
• Development of business and system requirements interfacing with customers at all levels to gather requirements and feedback with a well-rounded technical background.
• Manage project prioritization process and user story prioritization team meetings.
• Perform, manage, and make recommendations based on metrics from existing processes.
• Dealing with ambiguity to develop solutions that work for stakeholders from various disciplines to meet aggressive timelines.
• Balancing the business needs versus technical & operational constraints
• Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, or relevant industry experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years of information security, audit, risk management or related client service, or consulting experience in live-site operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis, and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
• Technical knowledge in at least one security domain such as engineering, system and network security, authentication, or security protocols.
• Experience in analyzing large data sets.
• In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the CASB applications and related business processes.
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and web services security.
• Excellent leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
• Have experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency.
• Results-oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
Back to top