Sr Technical Program Manager: Security
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about leveraging technology and data at scale to innovate, drive better decision making and streamline processes? Amazon seeks an experienced Data Engineering Manager to join the innovative division of our new COVID-19 testing and Amazon's global clinical laboratories. We are looking to help protect the health and safety of our workforce and people in their communities. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available and getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments. For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new high-impact space at Amazon. If you are passionate about innovating, building, and scaling high impact business models, this is for you. The successful candidate will work closely with our technology, business and operational partners, to build a robust data lake that will house both PII and PHI data, generate insights, scale data driven operations, systems and decision making.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 5+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
• Extensive experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.
• Experience in data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using EMR, Hadoop, Hive, or other Big Data technologies
• Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Ability to handle a high degree of ambiguity
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
• Technical depth in specialties including: security intelligence, and security operations
• Understanding of security vulnerabilities, and their remediation methodologies
Back to top