Sr. Technical Program Manager - Search Sourcing Advertising
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business, and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking new ground to create world-class products to improve both advertiser and shopper experience. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team having a strong entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We are looking for a seasoned Technical Program Manager for our Search Sourcing Advertising team. We devise start-of-the-art machine learning solutions that match shopper intent with the advertised products while maintaining a high coverage and relevance rate. Our systems need to operate at Amazon scale worldwide operating within a few milliseconds latency. As we are a low-funnel advertising solution and show ads in product pages, we work hand-in-hand with engineers and applied scientists both within the team and across partner teams in Amazon to keep the retail experience relentlessly high.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will own and deliver on business goals for the "Search Sourcing" program, visible directly at the level of senior leadership for Amazon's Advertising business. You get to learn both about science and engineering, reason through key performance metrics and drive the best outcome for shoppers and advertisers as our customers. You will peer up directly with Product, Science and Engineering Managers to shape and execute on the program.
To deliver, you will draw upon your expertise of large scale customer impacting systems such as digital advertising, technical product and business expertise to define and rapidly execute on cross-functional products partnering with business and program leaders across Amazon Advertising. You will build and leverage your technical knowledge of distributed software systems to solve advertising use cases that manifest only at massive scale. You will bring great customer focus, the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and get things done. Strong verbal and written communication will set you apart while working effectively with leadership and partner teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Product launch - partner with teams across Amazon Advertising to launch products on an ambitious schedule.
• Engineering execution - drive crisp and timely prioritization based on customer impact and business opportunity; own Sprint planning and execution using Agile practices.
• Process improvements - define, implement and continuously improve processes that improve delivery and operational efficiency.
• Stakeholder management - interface with stakeholders for feature requests and cross-team initiatives.
• Recurring updates - generate regular updates for overall program status, progress against key priorities, learnings and tradeoffs.
• Operational Excellence - monitor metrics and program health, anticipate and clear blockers, drive resolution of escalations.
• System design experience
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
• Software engineering experience with building and operating Internet-scale services and applications
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive, with a proven track record of delivering large projects with multiple stakeholders and tight timelines
• Excellent communication skills - experience in writing and presenting comprehensive narratives on opportunity, plans and results to senior management and stakeholders
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Passion for building technology that delivers outstanding customer experiences
• Experience with web or eCommerce search or performance advertising
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top