Sr Technical Program Manager - Risk Intelligence
Amazon's Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS) team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Technical Program Manager to own a new, ground-breaking program for cyber fraud and risk intelligence. TRMS designs and builds high performance software systems using machine learning that identify and prevent fraudulent transactions. Fraud prevention is a real-money game where our software and analytics teams strive to outsmart those who attempt to defraud Amazon and our customers.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will drive the program and team that identifies and mitigates fraud threats through internal testing and open source intelligence. You will develop the strategy and counter measures against such threats to protect Amazon's bottom line and Amazon customers and sellers around the globe. This role requires working closely external partners as well as teams across Amazon to define requirements and lead projects through design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on new intelligence, fraud incidents, program risks and progress.
- Define fraud and risk intelligence program strategy, roadmap, and success metrics
- Guide investigations and analyses of threats through internal tests and external leads, and present conclusions and recommendations to mitigate fraud losses to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Work across TRMS and Marketplace operations, engineering, analytics, machine learning, and legal teams to define, communicate, and prioritize requirements for high-impact, scalable initiatives to close loopholes and build stronger defenses to protect customers and sellers
- Maintain relationships with peers from law enforcement, intelligence community, and private industry partners to stay current on developing cybercrime trends and threats, and to develop best practices
- Collaborate with internal teams on risk and fraud prevention strategies, policies, products, and processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, statistics or a related technical discipline
- 6+ years of relevant work experience managing large cross-functional technical initiatives in the online payment fraud, cyber threat intelligence, or information security spaces
- Proven experience working with software engineers on a regular basis
- Demonstrated experience working with corporate legal teams and law enforcement
- Proven experience with threat intelligence tools and management platforms
- Fluency with data analytics tools, programming languages, or machine learning (e.g, SQL, SAS, R, Java, Python, Perl, HTML)
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills for working with technical and non-technical partners, internally and externally
- A strong understanding of security, web-based and infrastructure vulnerabilities
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top