Sr Technical Program Manager - REQ372
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology; we are inventing the future.
Our team is responsible for building Alexa experiences designed around the kitchen – ask Alexa for recipes, about ingredients, how many calories are in a chicken wing, how hot the oven should be, and more. And this is just the beginning – we are excited to continue to teach Alexa new skills for the kitchen.
This role will work with a focused team of engineers building out products and features on Alexa. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product that will be used every day by people you know.
As a Sr.TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- 7+ years of experience in a related industry
- 2+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top