Amazon is looking for a talented Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Finance Automation team. In Finance Automation, we build technology to simplify and automate the processes Amazon uses to manage its financial relationships with external parties. We are passionate about building systems and services that deliver a seamless and transparent finance experience for Amazon partners. We build, operate, and scale systems that are responsible for billions of dollars in transactions, and are central to the success of worldwide finance.
If you are customer-obsessed and love privacy, we have a job for you! Finance Automation within Amazon is looking for a Sr. TPM to build out a privacy program that addresses both regulatory compliance and engineering needs across the organization.
As part of our Privacy team in Finance Automation, you will drive privacy programs and initiatives by working directly with our legal, service, product, security, and other privacy teams within Amazon. You will work to ensure that our products are designed, operated, maintained and protected in accordance to privacy regulation and customer privacy expectations. A TPM in the privacy space must have technical experience in building custom, distributed software at scale, and preferably a background in data privacy, security, risk, compliance, and/or audit. The TPM needs to have the ability to understand complex distributed systems, drive large-breadth projects across large organizations, and always simplify and improve existing processes and tools.
• Diving deep into Finance Automation systems to develop a technical understanding of how they work and determine effectiveness of current privacy and security controls, and articulate compliance implications to relevant teams
• Decipher evolving regulations and coordinate across privacy teams within Amazon to implement and report on progress of privacy program.
• Lead projects to implement standards, tools, and processes supporting privacy and security initiatives.
• Liaise with legal team and articulate requirements and impact to service teams.
• Maintain a prioritized roadmap to address gaps and improve the privacy program.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple teams as part of the organization's privacy efforts.
• Communicate with VPs, Directors, and Managers to prioritize and execute privacy program
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of functional groups across an organization to get the information you need.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive action.
• Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines.
• Communicate regularly with stakeholders and leadership on status and risks.
• Has been certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (e.g., holds a CIPM, CIPP/US, and/or CIPP/E)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.