Want to play an active role in shaping products that are at the cutting edge of technology? Come, join the AI team within AWS that is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services to AWS customers across multiple segments. We recently announced a general-purpose anomaly detection service at reInvent in AWS keynote and expanding the team to deliver many critical new features for customers. The service is going to launch publicly.
The AI services are growing rapidly. We are seeking a rock-star technical program manager with strong product and program management experience in managing large scale services. This role involves working closely with business owners, product managers, engineering and other technical teams across the organization to define requirements, identify dependencies and manage timelines. It involves regular communication with senior management on roadmaps, progress, risks and change control. You will also drive communication with partner teams and customers to manage expectations and deliver solutions as planned. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences as well as communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences. At the core of the position is excellence in planning and execution. You must be able to command the intellectual respect of engineers as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed timelines while dealing with ambiguity with grace and maturity. You should also be somebody who is effective at using data to drive the creation of processes and tools, and is relentless in seeking measured improvement.
• Create and execute product plans to deliver cross-functional projects/programs, some on a global scale.
• Work with engineers, product managers, scientists and other stake holders to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on dependencies, timelines and customer experience.
• Manage and coordinate key activities such as new launches, capacity planning, customer feedback and escalations, and business development activities.
• Compute, manage, and drive key metrics that are essential for operational and business level excellence of the project, and provide visibility to all stakeholders via well-structured reports.
• Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
• Manage multiple aspects of AI projects including operational performance, security, and customer experience.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field
. Experience with large-scale systems distributed systems
• Proven ability to design, develop, and deploy software in production as an individual contributor in an early-stage of product lifecycle
• Expertise in C/C++, Java, or Python
- BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
- Experience in machine learning
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in managing database, cloud services or internet related projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A first-hand working knowledge of current cloud technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.