Sr. Technical Program Manager, Network Scaling
- Herndon, VA
Data Center Networking is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to help us continue to build the largest network in the world. This role offers endless opportunities to work on cutting-edge technologies and solve complex technical challenges on the forefront of Global Cloud Computing.
As a TPM, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary networking projects with the opportunity to shape, define & deliver new methods of delivering technology solutions at scale. You will be responsible for end to end delivery of network infrastructure changes and upgrades across Amazon Data Centers. You will manage our cross-functional projects, working with all organizational levels and groups including network operations, network engineering, infrastructure engineering & internal project management teams, as well as external vendors.
You must have excellent Program Management skills, the ability to identify and mitigate risks, and remove blockers whilst applying critical thinking to develop paths to success. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as you will be responsible to communicating with a variety of teams and partners as well as senior leadership. You must have a proven track record of successful project management & show the ability to deliver effectively with compressed timelines while dealing with ambiguity. You must possess a working knowledge of networking and data center technologies.
• Manage multiple competing cross-functional projects/programs simultaneously, some on a global scale.
• Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and senior management on a daily basis
• Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
• Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
• Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up
• BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
• 5 + years of technical project/program management experience
• Demonstrated data center infrastructure experience
• Experience with one or more project methodologies such as PMBOK, Agile/SCRUM, or similar
• Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities; experience of procurement and logistics, strong focus and attention to detail; the ability to work in a very fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards; project/task prioritization and schedule development.
• MCSA/CCNA certifications or equivalent in either networking or system administration.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top