Sr. Technical Program Manager - Manga
- New York, NY
Love Manga or Comics? Interested in creating a great customer experience for Amazon's digital Manga business? The Kindle JP Manga business focuses on creating a great customer experience for Manga fans to discover, acquire and read digital Manga.
We are looking for a seasoned leader in NYC with extensive experience managing technical projects from concept to completion on time. Do you have experience collaborating with multiple teams and working with Technical/Product/UX/Business teams to create a great user experience while staying on the cutting edge of new features and technology? Amazon Kindle is looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager who is the central point of contact for the product and tech teams, responsible for ensuring successful and timely project deliveries and growing Kindle Manga.
In this role you will be a key member of the Kindle Manga Technology Group, working with Manga team leaders to set business strategy, tactics, and feature prioritization. You will work across organizations at Kindle and Amazon at large to deliver value to our Kindle JP Manga customers end-to-end.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you not only are able to develop and drive high-level strategic and technology initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. We guarantee that you'll learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
You will own Kindle Manga services and features on Amazon JP website across all platforms (desktop, mobile browser, mobile shopping app). A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences as well as backend services, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, managing and growing developers, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
What You'll Do:
• Work with business owners and product managers to define requirements and timelines as well as lead cross-functional, geographically diverse development teams through design, delivery, management and support.
• Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between many internal Amazon and Kindle teams to develop and deploy optimal solutions for Kindle Manga.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope including scheduling and strategy. Identify required resources, assign and track tasks and responsibilities
• Assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, help gain buy-in from leaders and groups you don't control and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones.
• Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
• Partner with QA to ensure that all products and services are delivered to a high standard
• Be the liaison between the product management and software development teams. Assist with conceptualization and understand the product
• Represent the technical team, report on activity and deliverables to senior leadership across the Manga org and Kindle.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager in an Agile environment
• Strong interpersonal, business management, time management and developmental skillsProven success through strategic thinking and problem solving
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical individuals alike
• Proven leadership and teamwork skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
• Prior experience as a software developer
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals
• 2+ years experience writing clear, organized project planning and implementation documentation
• You're a fan of Manga!!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top