Sr. Technical Program Manager, Lists
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in innovating for millions of shoppers worldwide? If so, then keep reading as this could be the role for you!
Amazon List team owns the core shopping list experience on Amazon.com worldwide across multiple platforms (Amazon app, Desktop etc.) (www.amazon.com/wishlist) and the List platform which powers 50+ other List experiences across Amazon and our subsidiaries including Zappos.
With 2 engineering teams and 2 Product Managers, we have aggressive growth plans for Lists over the next few years as we continue to innovate to delight our shopping customers. We are looking for a passionate Senior Technical Program Manager to join us on our mission.
The candidate needs to have a well-rounded technical background and demonstrated experience working on large scale projects. The candidate must be customer obsessed, have strong analytical and communication skills, and thrive on solving challenging business problems. The candidate should be comfortable working in an agile environment and collaborating with multiple teams ranging from product and design to development teams.
As a Senior TPM on the List team, you will
• Lead planning, execution and delivery of large, cross functional projects across multiple teams
• Own communication for goals and technical delivery across projects with senior leadership and partner organizations
• Partner with product managers, software development managers, software development engineers, and UX designers to raise the bar on product and technical quality.
• Identify and develop automated, self-serve mechanisms to scale currently manual processes where relevant, and work with the internal stakeholders to drive adoption
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
• First-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, able to influence at executive level
• Proven track record of earning trust with global stakeholders with disparate working styles
• Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
• The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
• A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
• Sound business judgment and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
• Project management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications desired.
• A Masters in computer science or related technical discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top