Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
The mission of the Amazon Buying Experience organization is to create the most-loved shopping experience for everyone in the world. We are the worldwide product showroom for "the everything store" which Millions of customers around the world shop on Amazon from every device imaginable. We aim to be the world's first and most trusted choice for every customer on earth to discover, evaluate, and purchase any product or service and love their individual buying experience. We are responsible for the experiences and services that enable developers, including our own, to create tailored shopping experiences for every customer, product, business and marketplace offered by Amazon. If you are passionate about influencing, designing, and delivering the next-generation Amazon customer buying experience, we want to meet you.
The Buying Experience organization is looking for an innovative and customer-obsessed Sr. Technical Program Manager to drive critical programs and features spanning Amazon's worldwide shopping ecosystem and to deliver high-quality customer and developer experiences. This role will be instrumental to driving key customer innovations to improve the ability for customers to find the best offers to meet their needs as well as architectural and operational innovations to improve how our developers and partner teams can innovate on behalf of our customers.
The ideal candidate has deep, end-to-end software engineering lifecycle experience, superior analytical and verbal/written communication skills, as well as the ability to take ownership, influence others, in a federated development environment, and deliver high-quality solutions on schedule.
Key areas of responsibility include identifying and securing commitment from teams across the organization and in other organizations to drive towards shared goals, be a thought leader on technical design and drive consensus on the technical approach, set milestones and lead cross-functional teams from design through delivery. You'll need to be a strong program manager with technical and business acumen as well as an excellent communicator - whether working with developers or providing updates to leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Superior oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with both technical and business stakeholders
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Track record of being detail-oriented and ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience with Agile methodologies: scaled-agile framework, iterative and test-driven development, and federated development teams
• 3+ years of software development experience in Java or C++ (or equivalent)
• Working knowledge of current cloud-based and webdev technologies and toolsets
• Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, and drive delivery across organizational boundaries
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, dependency management and risk-based assessment experience
Back to top