Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Assistant Team helps customers stay organized and discover contextually relevant products/content on Amazon during their shopping journey online.
We are a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and business managers with a vision to make Amazon Assistant a integral tool that customers can leverage to stay organized and discover Amazon products/content at their moment of inspiration anywhere online.
Amazon Assistant team owns and manages browser extensions , mobile applications , backend services and a distributed, big data and analytics platform used by tens of millions of customers worldwide.
This is a technically challenging problem spanning domains including: realtime discovery of products/content on Amazon from different web content types images/videos/articles/blogs, personalize content to the customers based on their shopping funnel stage and preferences , organizing the different web research content that customer is interested in and integration with different browsers and device operating systems(IOS/Android).
We're looking for a technical leader, a people manager, and a collaborative team member with the ability to work in a diverse team. The engineering leader will be involved in architectural decisions, contribute to systems development, manage launches and operations, and improve engineering processes. You will develop a talented team of software engineers focused on building scalable, reliable, and maintainable systems. In addition, you will collaborate with product leader, designers, business development and marketing to innovate and rapidly validate new opportunities. You will directly manage our engineering team focus on content ingestion and quality.
This candidate has a strong bias for action, ability to think big and proven success record of leading technical teams. They have strong business judgement and is an excellent communicator, with proven ability to influence at the most senior levels.
They have the passion and experience to build a stellar and innovative team that will delight customers and set new standards in our space.
They are entrepreneurial and enjoys working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment. They thrive working in a collaborative environment in which everyone wears many hats and the nature of their work changes and expands quickly, yet they're a high-performing owner and likes the buck to stop with them.
They have excellent judgment and relentlessly high standards; they are humble and have a track record of exceptional performance. People trust and respect them, and they like to work with them and for them.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience, including leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executive staff
• Masters degree or higher in Computer Science or MBA
• 3+ years of software development or data science experience
• Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses
• Experience defining programs, writing detailed functional specifications, and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present to senior management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top