Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Fort Atkinson, WI
Take the earth's most customer-centric company. Mix in hundreds of millions of shoppers spending tens of billions of dollars annually and an opportunity to drive a next generation shopping experience. What do you get? The most exciting Big Data/Personalization position in the industry.
Are you passionate about working on disruptive ideas? Are you obsessed with finding and building the most innovative and customer-friendly user experiences? Have you built and launched new customer experiences for millions of customers?
This is a unique opportunity that combines the ability to build new and exciting user experiences for Amazon's customers, with the opportunity to work with 'big data' and advanced techniques to determine the best personalized experience for millions of Amazon's customers.
We are a high performing team that works on the full software life-cycle with a huge emphasis on diving deep and experimenting rapidly leveraging Amazon's Machine Learning/Big Data expertise. We design, experiment, implement, test and iterate and our goal is to make the Amazon ecosystem experience uniquely personal. Our org (a.k.a P13N) revolutionized e-commerce with features such as "Customers Who Bought Also Bought" and "Recommended for You" and we are looking for creative and innovative technical program managers with a penchant for deep technical problem solving.
About the role:
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering large end to end projects in personalization. You will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, will demonstrate experience leading medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
• Thrive in working with key stakeholders in executive teams, product management, and marketing teams to define strategy and requirements
• Ability to create, align, manage, and deliver large programs and portfolio of projects
• Communicate regularly with senior leadership on status, risks, and change control
• Enjoying building and designing large scale system with high availability
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience driving cross-team deliverables and managing multiple stakeholders.
• Expert in partner communications.
• Experience managing software development life-cycles, outlining processes, project management, and release schedules.
• Proven oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
• Experience working with recommender systems and/or personalized customer experiences
• Experience working in a startup environment
• Creative leader with proven ability to tackle ambiguity
• Strong problem solving and communication skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams, and demonstrate on time delivery
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top