Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in leading and developing strategic initiatives for one of Amazon's most significant and fastest growing businesses?
Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique products and are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the Earth's largest selection and lowest prices. The Amazon Marketplace enables over 2 million third-party sellers in eleven marketplaces to list their products for sale to Amazon customers across the world.
We are looking for a bright and ambitious Senior Technical Program Manager to join our International Seller Services (ISS) team to drive the technical delivery of a large new product to support Amazon account teams worldwide. This product is envisioned to be the equivalent of Seller Central for Account Management in the long term.
In this role you will work closely with regional sales teams (our customers), stakeholders, software engineers and product teams to deliver complex, high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
Success in this role will depend on the ability to develop a thoughtful point of view in developing technical solutions, skills in formalizing plans, communicating effectively and seeking buy-in from senior stakeholders. A successful candidate must be highly analytical, tech savvy, resourceful, and restlessly curious.
• Own technical delivery of the product, including solutioning and WW dependency management
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that all in scope business and technical requirements are incorporated into design and builds
• Lead the coordination of release schedules, sprint planning, and resolving technical roadblocks faced by the team
• Work with teams to enable the design and development of scalable software
• Use strong program management, organizational and leadership skills to facilitate effective, collaborative project meetings
• Collect, analyze, integrate and maintain key cross functional deliverables (e.g. project plans, change management plans, migration schedules, etc.)
• Define and manage critical path activities and anticipate bottlenecks that may impede the completion of milestones
• Negotiate tradeoffs and drive solutions balancing business and technical constraints
• Facilitate project risk management activities including but not limited to identification, assessment and mitigation
• Complete progress reporting on predetermined timelines (e.g. WBR, MBR, QBR)
• Identify deviations from approved project plans and manage resolution including escalation through defined governance forums
• Manage resources in alignment with approved resource plans and program schedules
• Monitor project performance through approved project schedules and budgets in an effort to track actuals vs approved plans. Follow best practices to manage variances
• Provide leadership to cross functional teams by defining clear, achievable goals, clear barriers to program teams success and facilitate rapid decision making
• Work with both technical and functional teams to define and track requirements and ensures appropriate verification for delivered solutions
• Collaborate with Technical Program Managers across Amazon to identify and implement agile and lean best practices.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years of experience managing software development projects with aggressive schedules
• 7+ years of experience leading delivery of projects across global teams
• Experience utilizing project/program management principles and processes
• Experience interacting with Project Sponsors, Technical Program Managers, and multiple Development Teams to define and deliver complex features
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Familiarity with agile methodologies
• Experience developing web-based products and technologies
• Post-graduate degree (e.g. MS, MBA)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top