Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Do you thrive in solving ambiguous problems? Do you love to invent and simplify? Do you want to grow your skills and help us protect earth's largest catalog from fraud? If so, the Customer Trust and Partner support team is looking for people just like you! We are the vanguard of abuse and fraud prevention within Amazon and are constantly innovating to protect our customers from bad actors. This includes providing mechanisms for protecting Brand Identity as well as deterring new and sophisticated forms of abuse. Our vision is to create a trustworthy shopping experience for the Customer at Amazon.
The Brand Protection team is a key team within Amazon's Customer Trust and Partner support organization that owns systems that are responsible for preventing abusive products from being listed on the Amazon site. On average, our systems thwart millions of attempts to abuse the catalog on a daily basis. Our team works with closely with our Brand partners to protect their identity and eliminate counterfeits from Amazon, globally.
You will also gain exposure to various AWS services that this service is being built on, such as: DynamoDB, Redshift, Lambda, Firehose, S3/Glacier, Cognito, SNS and others. This service is also integrated with various Amazon internal systems workflows related to Vendors and Sellers.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented Technical Program Manager with a strong technical and program management background. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience leading large sized projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current development technologies. You must enjoy an entrepreneurial environment, and driven by strong desire to solving for ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. You are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work to understand the details of business desires, match with technology, and balance the business needs versus technical capability. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
We are not tied to one technology instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. Strong judgment and communication skills, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
• A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
• 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science
• A history of working in start-ups and fast paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Proven track record in researching, developing and shipping software solution.
• Industry experience with one of more of the following domains: Large-scale distributed systems, web technologies, mobile development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top