Sr Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning? Are you eager to build out the platform as a service and scale the product for all Customer personas? Thrilled to be part of Amazon's AI organization that has been pioneering and shaping the world's AI technology? If you are someone who enjoys innovating, solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, come join ADS (Alexa Data Services) team! The ADS organization focuses on providing ground truth data to Alexa engineers and scientists to build and improve ML models and continue evolve Alexa experience for Amazon customers.
This Senior TPM role's scope includes defining strategy, processes and requirements, and leading cross functional development teams from design through delivery. You will be accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle, from platform product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world. Most importantly, you will influence engineering teams to build the right solutions. You will be also responsible for creating leverage by ensuring capabilities are reusable and scalable to world-wide legislative changes. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, team building, stakeholder interaction and communication skills.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related technical program management in a software environment
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households.
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure.
Back to top