Sr. Technical Program Manager
The Digital Accounting and Royalties Technologies (DART) team is looking to hire a highly motivated and results oriented Senior Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for visioning and then driving the expansion of a self-service accounting automation platform that allows digital businesses at Amazon to deliver complex accounting projects in a very fast paced environment. The candidate will provide leadership and direction for the platform taking input cross functionally from multiple engineering, business, finance and accounting teams.
Responsibilities include collecting of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, creating product roadmap, prioritize platform capabilities based on business impact, driving right technical architecture/design, writing detailed technical specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
For more on DART watch our intro video: https://youtu.be/wd8I1xMeTT8
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java (or C#), C++, RDBMS and SQL
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
- A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, preferably in mobile platforms or E-commerce domain.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
- · Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- · Capability to create a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision.
- · Identify, evaluate, track and mitigate issues and risks.
- · Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- · Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- · Expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top