Sr. Technical Program Manager - Embedded Software / Firmware
- Portland, OR
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? Are you curious about the systems used to run the largest cloud computing infrastructures in the world? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you!
The AWS Hardware team drives system innovation in the servers used by all of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3 and CloudFront. Our engineers solve the hardest problems that fuse software, hardware, and the cloud. We take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry.
We are looking for a seasoned Technical Program Manager to lead the development of embedded software and firmware development programs in a highly cross-functional environment which includes internal customers, hardware and software development teams, external vendors and technology partners. You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale server deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience AWS scale. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. Using data and key metrics, you will also drive and measure process improvements that enhance our operational effectiveness. You will work independently in a dynamic, challenging, and fast-changing organization. We're changing an industry, and we need individuals who are ready for this challenge and who want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline; or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
• 4 + years of project/program management experience
• 4+ years of experience with managing project/task prioritization, procurement, project planning and schedule development
• Master's Degree in a technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience in technical project/program management with a proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex software or firmware projects, utilizing agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban and agile project management tools.
• Technical knowledge and operational experience with software or firmware for devices or hardware platforms.
• Prior hands on software or hardware engineering experience.
• Proven success of influencing and developing productive working relationships with resources and internal or external customers.
• Excellent written communication and verbal skills.
• An understanding of AWS technologies (aws.amazon.com).
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top