Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
The Smart Home team is focused on making Alexa the user interface for the home. From the simplest voice commands (turn on the lights, turn down the heat) to use cases spanning home security, entertainment, and environment, we are evolving Alexa into intelligent, indispensable companion that automates daily routines, simplifies interaction with appliances and electronics, and alerts when something unusual is detected.
As a Senior TPM on the Alexa Smart Home team, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering end-to-end projects that span Alexa experiences and skills, voice user interfaces, and cloud services. You will lead and coordinate implementation efforts between internal teams, 3rd party device manufacturers, and customers. You will balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints, and make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market. The job requires a high degree of maturity and judgement, as well as ability to negotiate and influence, and provide overall leadership.
Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live and work. Have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to and want to use every day.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related programs and/or technical program management in a software applications environment
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
• Experience working with external technology partners and enterprise customers
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Experience designing internet-scale public APIs
• Experience building solutions for home networks, IoT device and cloud systems, or home/industrial control systems
• Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team
• High degree of comfort presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners
• Experience with video streaming or Smart Home technology
• Ability to establish and manage your business to a set of key metrics and goals
• Raw intellectual curiosity and a drive to create the new standards at the cutting edge of Smart Home solutions
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for having fun
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top