Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
The Project Kuiper team is looking for a Technical Program Manager with experience in satellite ground hardware and software for the radio communications link from the ground to satellites and/or subsystem(s) enabling this function. The role will interface with cross-functional engineering and program/product management teams to develop flight and ground hardware and software for integration into the Kuiper system. Join us and make a difference to people around the world.
In this role you will:
• Collaborate with engineering leaders to create project plans for satellite ground system hardware and software and/or subsystem(s) enabling this function throughout the development lifecycle, from requirements to development to validation and verification in an Agile development environment.
• Work with product/program management to ensure that satellite ground system development meets schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
• Drive engineering project execution, make technical trade-offs, track and report on status, and resolve blocking issues.
• Collaborate with architecture, hardware, and software teams on ensuring cross-functional deliverables are identified and tracked.
• Act as the point of contact for Kuiper satellite ground system and/or and/or subsystem(s) enabling this function hardware team and work with external teams to identify and mitigate programmatic risks in meeting shared goals
• Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status, and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure in a timely manner.
• Assist with vendor management, and vendor deliveries.
• Organize regular project and team meetings, focusing design teams on program milestones and unblock technical issues by pulling together the multi-functional technical expertise to resolve the issues
• Set agenda, communicate meeting notes and actions; follow up with responsible owners
• Participate in technical discussions, ask probing questions, and work with the team to pull together scoping, schedules, and solutions to issues
• Drive post-mortem learning and improvements over time
• Demonstrate leadership and be adept at navigating through tough situations, juggling various priorities and managing constraints
You must be competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project life-cycle and exhibit demonstrated proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Engineering or equivalent, or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of experience in hardware systems development across full product life cycles - concept to production
• 5+ years of experience development or program management of LEO satellite tracking ground subsystems.
• 5+ years Experience with schedule tracking tools such as MS Project, SmartSheet and Jira.
• Understanding of radio frequency systems including antennas and modems.
• Master's degree in in Physics, Engineering or equivalent, or related field.
• Experience with systems engineering of space systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Track record of successfully delivering complete systems (hardware, firmware, software, algorithms) on time, to scope, with high quality.
• Experience in development and/ or program management of satellite ground systems.
• Strong time and task management skills with consistent attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
• Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
• Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict smoothly and without use of formal authority (influence without authority)
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with engineers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us