Sr. Technical Program Manager
Want to build software that helps enable Amazon's global success and improve the quality of life for millions of users in the process? Want to have unrestricted access to users, work with executive leadership, and help Earth's most customer-centric company become Earth's most employee-centric company too?
The Senior TPM role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise, and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, partnering effectively with other teams within and outside of Amazon, and managing client launches. The Senior TPM will also be responsible for setting program standards and expectations and leading and mentoring other TPMs in the team. This candidate will have the opportunity to impact Amazon employees worldwide by working with development teams across Amazon globally. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning as well as drilling into technical architecture and design.
- 3+ years working at a consumer-focused software company with large numbers of users.
- Experience working cross-functionally with UX design and software development teams.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and persuasion skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field required
- 7+ years experience in a technical project management or related role.
- Knowledge of the following; service-oriented architecture, software product development (including areas databases, system interfaces & common protocols, prototyping, and Web Services), data driven decision-making, program management and release models/processes.
- Quantitative background with high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top