Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Sunnyvale, CA
Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a Sr. TPM, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Robotics.
The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast paced mission to deliver the new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
In this role, you will work with a focused team of engineers, UX designers, and product management on defining, developing, and delivering applications and user experiences for a new products. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know.
As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 7+ years of Technical Management in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• Device software experience
• Platform and/or embedded software experience
• Experience managing software releases in /Java environments
• Experience with bug tracking systems
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Demonstrated entrepreneurship and innovation.
• Thrive on solving tough problems.
• High judgment and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to influence
• Analytical talents
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top