Sr. Technical Program Manager, Development Engineering
- Seattle, WA
Development Engineering is looking for a Technical Program Manager who can help to deliver programs based on tools and services built by engineering teams and supporting Amazon's Fulfillment network worldwide. Amazon's Fulfillment network is always growing and the infrastructure and tooling which supports that network must evolve and grow with it. Do you enjoy identifying problems amid a wealth of data, interfacing with end-users to understand optimization opportunities, and driving projects across a number of teams to achieve a common goal? Do you have the technical ability to do your own data processing and be self-sufficient to discover the hidden business needs and find the root of the problem, then use excellent communication skills to motivate others to resolve those issues long term? If so, the Development Engineering team may be right for you.
As a Technical Program Manager in the Development Engineering team, you handle cross team and cross org coordination of our products and become the spokesperson for their adoption. You will look for wide, systemic, issues, and suggest ways to solve them through automation and software. You will create automated reporting to track project progress and ensure that internal teams and stakeholders are aligned on requirements and business drivers. You will share responsibility for both quality and on-time delivery. The programs you build will serve to both understand and satisfy the business needs but also shield the development team from distraction.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
• High attention to detail
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
• Capability to create a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision.
• Identify, evaluate, track and mitigate issues and risks.
• Expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies.
• Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
• Ability to use automation/scripting to automate reporting and analyze data.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top