Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon Pay (India) team is looking for Sr. Technical Program Manager to build the next generation Digital payment products from the ground up. This platform will be scaled to be used by Amazon.IN customers and also will also be designed to support other emerging economies which have similar requirements like India and the role provides a huge opportunity for the team to build a strong portfolio of patents for Amazon.
You will be handling challenges around Digital payment trends in India, collaborating & negotiating with external partners, building Go-to-market strategies and scaling products for A.IN customers.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on project and program management skills, leading large cross-functional projects from definition to launch.
To be successful you will:
• Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a managing large programs, including setting the technical vision for developing our systems to serve Amazon's needs.
• Create, prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute product roadmaps
• Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Help build a strong cross-functional organization
• Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence and establish team metrics for that excellence; including a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
• Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
• Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
• Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
• Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5+ years of relevant development and design experience.
• Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results.
• Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
• Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• MBA or experience with product management
• Project Management experience in defining product vision and roadmap for external facing products.
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
Back to top