Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
About the hiring group:
The Device OS team is a big part of creating the innovative devices at Lab126. The Device OS team is responsible for the board bring up, low level software, operating system, core framework feature development, and end-to-end system functions, such as power/performance, that bring the devices to life.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
- Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Product development (including C++, Java, messaging protocols, and Web Services), and service-oriented architecture experience
- Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle