What would you change if you had access to the world's largest product catalog with billions of products, images, offers, reviews, searches, and much more? An information-rich and accurate product catalog is a critical strategic asset for Amazon.
The Home Innovation Team (HIT) Catalog data quality team is looking for an exceptional Technical program manager to lead, architect and deliver solutions that enhance quality of our massive product catalog utilizing big data analytics, machine learning algorithms and human intelligence. In this role, you will serve as a senior member of our team and own the strategy, roadmap, positioning, and delivery. Here are other qualities we desire in a Technical Program Manager:
Be great fun to work with, the credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge, work across teams and make a big impact. Enjoy communicating with customers and partners. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes.
The ideal candidate works backward from customer problems, is process-oriented, data-driven, and can lead and influence stakeholders at all levels. You should possess bias for action and ability to invent and simplify. Most importantly, you must have a genuine curiosity and passion for learning.
Here is a sample of some of the challenges you will be asked to solve for:
• Scale: We work across countries and multiple product categories. Our solutions require to scale to solve for our large customer base. We work globally. You will figure out solutions to expand our technology and solutions.
• Measure and Improve: We obsess on identifying new and more customer centric ways to measure the effectiveness of our solutions. We identify areas of improvement in our frameworks, tools, processes and strive to make them better. We continually evaluate our success metrics and evolve our reporting systems.
• Trade off on System design: We think long term with a systems oriented mindset. We continuously challenge ourselves for end to end solutions. You will drive collaborations with many partner teams that will come together for creating trade offs for our system design.
• Co-create the long-term strategy for your team and translate product vision into an achievable road map.
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Build and manage operational processes to improve catalog quality
• Drive cross-team priorities through data-driven decision making.
• Own operational KPIs (e.g., defect rates, conversion rates, impact to sales, etc.) to drive continuous improvement.
• Work closely with partner teams to implement new catalog improvement processes.
• Work with business, finance and tech teams to build long-term scalable solutions
• Experience in partnering with product, program and software engineering teams
• Experience in Statistics, with problem solving and root cause analysis and proven ability to communicate those analysis.
• Experience in working cross departments and functions
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment and effectively interact with technical and non-technical workers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.