Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Want to make impact to how millions of customers shop everyday? Amazon Product Detail pages are most visited ecommerce pages in the world. Millions of customers view Billions of our product pages every day. Our mission is to help customer make an informed and confident purchase decisions with discovery of relevant products, services or programs and accurate/relevant product information. To this goal, we are continually raising the bar on product evaluation & discovery experience, pushing the boundary of user-interface design, performance, scalability and reliability. Our team has passionate and talented software engineers, program managers, designers and product managers. We all share a singular goal: to create THE world's best buying experience.
We are looking for a seasoned program manager who can help us deliver on our long-term quality and release vision for worldwide buying experience team. You will also be responsible for driving solutions and programs across teams for hundreds of internal business and tech teams to enable high quality software release in a fast paced development environment. You should be customer obsessed and enjoy engaging with and helping all types of customers ranging from Amazon shoppers to internal partner teams. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making. The right candidate will bring a good mix of experience with Release & Quality management programs, and a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial approach.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager on the team: Tech_TPM
You will collaborate with highly-talented team of tech leaders, Program/Product managers, Quality Assurance engineers, and external stakeholders to continuously push the boundary and redefine the quality and release process for 'THE world's best buying experience'.
You will own quality, deployment and operational excellence initiatives for worldwide detail pages which serves all product category and marketplace. The team works on variety of frontend, backend, server technologies to provide scalable and extensible test and release infrastructure across all devices, browsers, marketplaces with low-latency bandwidth consideration.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on project and program management skills, leading large cross-functional projects from definition to launch. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills. This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction, the capacity to move quickly and be flexible while delivering high-quality results. Having an eye for process improvement is critical as we will look to the Program Manager for input on how to evolve our current processes.
This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Job functions: Tech_TPM
The ideal candidate will have hands-on project and program management skills, leading large cross-functional projects from definition to launch.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team:
- You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including program definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
- Drive planning of release windows for major/minor and maintenance releases to ensure alignment across multiple teams
- Lead large initiatives, coordinating the work of internal and external teams. Responsibilities include program scoping, design, data collection, data analysis, proposal of new standards, program updates, business action follow-up, and subject matter expert (SME) support for implementations of recommended improvements
- Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
- You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the quality and release metrics and provide updates on the program.
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, process improvements, requirements definition, risk management, communication, compliance for quality and release processes and implementation.
- You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
- You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in incorporating quality into the software development cycle and evangelize release and deployment processes to reduce time to reach production.
There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact and help shape the future of e-commerce. If you're up to the challenge, we'd love to talk to you.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and on our team.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
Back to top