Sr Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Payments Services manages payments for all Amazon customers worldwide, and the incredible pace of innovation and customer impact never slows down. From enabling Amazon to expand internationally into new markets to enabling new businesses such as Alexa, Payments Services is at the heart of Amazon's vision to be Earth's most customer centric. At the core of Payments Services is customer trust. As we store multi-billion payment instruments on behalf of our customers and manage multi-billion dollar transaction volumes, we do so with industry-leading security practices.
Payments Services is looking for world class security-minded Technical Program Manager who can design, drive and launch new initiatives that impact not just Payments, but entire Amazon. The qualified candidate will own and drive technical strategy and direction for large and complex initiatives that enables Amazon to continue to securely scale for new business and markets worldwide.
This role requires working closely with businesses across Amazon, the product management team, the payments development team, and key software development and security engineering teams across the company to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through operations design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects and features, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating large cross functional projects and schedules, and delivering complex projects with accurate results at high scale.
From a business and technical perspective, this TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Be conversant with internet technologies
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards, is never satisfied with the status quo
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Results orientation
• 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
• 5+ years hands-on experience building software solutions within current industry standard technologies
• 4+ years' experience leading dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
• Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• PMP or Project Management Certification
• Master's in Business Administration
• 3+ years of coding experience in Any programming language
• Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Back to top