Are you passionate about working on a greenfield project with strategic significance and high exposure? The initiative is fundamental to Amazon's future, and will provide great personal satisfaction and career development as we tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services. The project will have regular reviews with the company's senior leaders and the scope of the project is set to scale rapidly for the next few years post launch.
We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Program Manager for Amazon Associates program to define scalable processes and frameworks that can be leveraged by multiple cross-functional teams to deliver business critical features. You will apply both business and technical acumen in a fast-paced, ambiguous and innovative environment. This role requires hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills.
About the team
Amazon's affiliate marketing program, Amazon Associates, spans a large number of websites and blogs worldwide that create compelling original content to help customers make informed purchase decisions for new products and programs (e.g., Prime, Amazon Video, etc.) on Amazon. We run this multi-billion dollar, worldwide business by leveraging the technology and scientific base of Amazon, while maintaining an end-to-end ownership for providing content building tools, attribution tracking, payments, rich insights and recommendations to customers at scale.
Why It Matters and Why You Will Love It
Amazon and Associates Program are growing at an incredible rate. To keep up with that growth we must continually innovate to define and build different ways to make creators successful. To do that we need to rearchitect and scale our systems with new products, processes, ML models while growing existing associates in the program. As a leader of this space, you'll have a company-wide impact; your work will impact millions of publishers in a multi-billion dollar business, world-wide. You'll develop and deliver on the vision and help us rapidly launch and scale our products while maintaining quality controls. You'll see all aspects of the Amazon business, from our Retail websites to our digital products to the inner workings of network of Publishers. You'll be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You'll have ownership, not just responsibility; and you'll define and execute software development to deliver growth. Engineers in Amazon Associates team work across technologies, and deliver Internet scale solutions that focus on high throughput, low latency, high stability and load tolerance. We not only build a lot of new products from scratch to help drive growth but also passionately maintain our existing.
About the role
As a leader, you will play a crucial role in building a culture of innovation and business impact through cutting-edge technology. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in a data-driven, fast-paced environment. You must be able to take an idea and develop it into a broader vision, gain buy-in from stakeholders, lead the team, and seamlessly deliver upon it. You will need to have the balance to drive your initiative forward quickly while keeping stakeholders looped in and identifying new opportunities. You should be able to think big, but also break it down to details that the team can execute on the ground. You are an effective communicator and can clearly articulate your vision and ideas to executives, senior leaders and stakeholders.
As a Senior TPM in the Associates Team, you will
- Lead planning, execution and delivery of projects across multiple teams around the world
- Own communication for technical delivery across these projects with senior leadership and partner organizations
- Identify and develop automated, self-serve mechanisms to scale currently manual processes where relevant, and work with the internal stakeholders to drive adoption
- Support the team in developing metrics and measuring their impact
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical area.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in program, product management or related function.
- Excellent customer intuition; demonstrated success in identifying, prioritizing and delivering product capabilities to delight customers
- Strong data analysis skills; the ability to run data analysis and synthesize data to make on-point business decisions
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, able to influence at executive level
- Proven track record of earning trust with global stakeholders with disparate working styles
- Master's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related field
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in program, product management or related function
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with AGILE or other program management methodologies
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and operations teams