Sr. Technical Program Manager, Compliance Tech
- Seattle, WA
Want to join a team that protects and improves the buyer experience of millions Amazon customers and builds earth's most customer-centric sellers on a daily basis - using cutting edge technology including machine learning, data mining and big data analytics, cloud computing services and highly available/scalable distributed systems that support hundreds of millions of transactions across the globe?
We have an exciting opportunity with the Voice of the Customer (VOC) team, part of the Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) organization, to architect and build next generation engineering systems to quickly and accurately identify and mitigate product compliance issues, safety defects and potential risks to the customer experience. The PARS Voice of the Customer team's charter is to foster the earth's safest, most customer-centric Suppliers. We accomplish this by connecting Suppliers with the voice of their customers and by earning Supplier trust through transparency. We ingest and listen to a comprehensive set of risk signals and apply technology (e.g. statistical and ML/NLP models) that detects hotspots and helps prioritize actions. Risk identification and prediction inform and drive downstream actions that remediate existing issues or take preventative measures to ensure a safe and compliant customer experience.
As a Technical Program Manager in the Voice of the Customer (VOC) tech team, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to make a big impact on Amazon and its customers. You enjoy building massive scale and high performance systems but also have a bias for delivering simple and incremental solutions to complex problems. You will work alongside product management, research, design, and engineering to define and build the essential lovable product. You will be responsible for building, executing and owning programs to validate the customer experience during the product development cycle. Along the way you'll need to identify opportunity for improvements and put processes and tools in place to scale the program and support continual efficiency gains. You will be required to track, communicate status on and independently drive issues to resolution. Cross-team coordination, project management and an ability to learn and understand new technology are essential.
Do you want to be part of our innovative team?
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or related technical field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Minimum 5+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience with agile development
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms and to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
• Experience working with remote and global teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o "Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us"
Back to top