Sr Technical Program Manager
- North Reading, MA
Amazon Robotics is transforming Amazon's transportation and fulfillment networks to deliver more products to more destinations with 1 day delivery. We are building the next generation of Fulfillment and Sortation centers by combining robotics, intuitive user driven workflows, hardware devices, and large-scale Software services to stow, pick and count inventory, sort customer packages by final destination and consolidate them onto trucks for faster delivery. Through technology and innovation, we reduce learning curves and stress while increasing productivity, quality, and safety.
As a Technical Program Manager you will:
Invent and bring new solutions to life. Take new ideas from concept to delivery and production launch. Translate feature requests into technical specifications. Apply project management and Agile methodology skills to manage scope, plan work, coordinate resource deployment on tasks, analyze risks/develop mitigation strategies and proactively identify and resolve issues.
Ensure alignment on goals and progress. Provide leadership and perspective, and drive stakeholders to decisions in ambiguous situations. Own communication to senior leadership and partner organizations on important business goals and product roadmap.
Guide architecture and technical design. Act as the technical interface between software development, Product Management and our customers. Guide architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams and evolve our service architecture with quality, robustness and Amazon sized scale as top priorities.
Make the right trade-offs. Understand the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and work with them to resolve difference. Ensure we ship quality software without compromising customer experience, usability or business relevance.
Delight your customers. Visit Amazon Fulfillment and Sortation Centers, see your Software in action and engage with your customers. Internalize our customer challenges and derive creative solutions which apply new and innovative technology.
Mentor. Grow and develop other TPMs across the organization.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• Minimum of five years overall experience in technical program/project management, software engineering, software development management, or a related technical field
• Experience with agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, etc) and delivering large, cross-functional projects
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Experience in building partnerships across different organizations
• Exposure to Machine Learning based Vision System
• Experience delivery product comprised of hardware, software and Firmware components
Back to top