At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Devices such as Amazon Show, Spot, Echo, Dot or Tap. Our Services allow customers to shop, no matter where they are or what they are doing
As a Senior Technical Program Manager at Alexa shopping, you will have the opportunity to work closely with product, design, software development and platform teams to implement strategy and execution. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will make strong business cases for project prioritization and investment. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and inspire risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. If you enjoy solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with your creative solutions, we want to talk to you.
• Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale Alexa shopping initiatives.
• Lead agile engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to a daring roadmap
• Understand service interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
• Mentor and build effective teams
• Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
* A history of working in startups and fast paced environments
Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
Experience performing data analysis and/or working with machine learning.
Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
Experience as a developer with a modern, object-oriented language.
Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.