Is passion for innovation what drives you? Are you turned on by seeing something you worked on being used by millions of people? Alexa Data Services (ADS) is a global Machine Intelligence Data Services organization that provides a broad range of data labeling services for Machine Learning technologies such as Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, Entity Resolution, Text-to-Speech, and Question Answering within and beyond the Alexa organization.
We provide full-cycle, high-quality data and services in multiple languages, for multiple countries to power the entire lifecycle of Alexa's features, languages, and devices (pre-launch, beta, and post-launch). We are looking for passionate and talented Sr. TPM who has experience building innovative, large-scale, high volume, and distributed software applications. Alexa is always getting smarter. Join the team that trains her.
The Sr. Technical Program Manager will interact with Product, Engineering, AI/ML teams, multiple stakeholders and leadership to deliver complex programs. The person will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-off decisions, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
The person should have technical skills to provide solutions, design, build, and deliver it. This may include leading virtual technical teams to manage development, configuration, maintenance, administration, and integration with other systems. Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will have a deep understanding of product design and implementation details and will successfully represent the technical team to senior leadership and customers. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team's decisions and drive secure and robust solutions, which have great customer experience.
- Provide technical leadership by facilitating solution/design/architectural discussions; find and research ways to utilize AI/ML and Labeling Platforms improving processes, productivity and scale.
- Partner with Alexa customers, Engineers, Alexa Data Services(ADS) and non-ADS service providers to design, build and implement tooling/frameworks to enable successful delivery of programs to business.
- Work closely with Alexa teams, Product owners and Engineering teams to bridge the gap between business and technical requirements and constraints.
- Facilitate and oversee code review sessions to ensure design and configuration is consistent across the applications and standards have implemented.
- Provide expertise on capacity management, level-of-effort estimation, task tracking and assignment.
- Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, accompanying documentation for projects and programs.
- Work with a cross-functional scrum teams to deliver projects in iterative release cycles.
- Identify, anticipate, assess, track and mitigate issues, risks, roadblocks and escalations at multiple levels.
- Create, maintain and communicate project status, metrics to stakeholders.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with AWS stack
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- 6+ years of technical/application project management experience driving software development, testing, deployment, and support teams.